Vet Helpline – 0303 040 2551
If you want to discuss your relationship problem with someone who has experience of the veterinary profession you might want to call Vet Helpline. They are available to talk to you in complete confidence about whatever is troubling you. You can also register to send anonymous emails to the service - your email address will be hidden.
Families and relationships
- Relate 0845 456 1310
- Family Mediators Association 0808 200 0033 - Family mediation is a voluntary process by which couples in dispute, particularly those going through separation or divorce, are helped to deal with arrangements for their future. Many couples prefer to negotiate their own private arrangements with the assistance of a family mediator rather than put their decisions in the hands of the court.
- National Family Mediation 0117 904 2825 - National Family Mediation is a network of family mediation services countrywide that offers help to those affected by family breakdown, separation and divorce.They provide details of local mediation services to help couples resolve practical difficulties with minimum conflict.
- Resolution 01689 85022 - Advice on family law – offers details of solicitors who practise a constructive and conciliatory approach to the otherwise fraught areas of divorce and separation.
- The Spark The Spark isa well established and highly respected charity in Scotland delivering a range of releationship support, education and counselling services. As a national charity, the organisation is committed to ensuring that all Scottish residents have access to relationship support, regardless of whether they live in a remote and rural location, in a village, town or city. Appointments:0845 271 2711 The Releationship Helpline:0808 802 2088 Website: www.thespark.org.uk Webchat: www.thespark.or.uk/webchat.
- Divorce Aid Provides divorce advice, support and information. Legally oriented but also some useful material on emotion and how to broach the subject to a partner.
- GOV.UK: Divorce and Separation website - advice when ending a relationship, resolving problems, money, property and possessions, and looking after children.
- Marie Stopes International 0845 300 8090 - the U.K.'s leading provider of sexual and reproductive health care services. A nationwide network of sexual health clinics include contraception, unplanned pregnancy counselling, abortion information and advice, vasectomy information and procedure, female sterilisation and health screening for men and women.
- British Pregnancy Advisory Service 08457 30 4030 The BPAS has over 40 years of experience of providing help to women with an unplanned pregnancy, or a pregnancy they choose not to continue with. If you’re pregnant and considering abortion it’s important to know you’re not alone. 1 in 3 women will have an abortion by the time they are 45 years old.
- Brook Advisory Centres 0808 802 1234 - The only national voluntary sector provider of free and confidential sexual health advice and services specifically for young people under 25. Information on sexually transmitted infections, contraception, pregnancy and general support for younger people.
Miscarriage and stillbirth
Sexual Health & Sexual Problems
Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender
- Turing Network 020 7837 7324 - community-driven resource directory for lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans life. Provided by the London Lesbian & Gay Switchboard.
- The Lesbian and Gay Foundation 0845 3 30 30 30 - links to local services, helplines and support groups. Email:email@example.com
- Lesbian and Gay Veterinary Medical Association- Professional organization whose mission is to provide support for individuals, education for the community, and a forum for information exchange and social interaction. Their membership is based in the USA and Canada but global in coverage – there are members in Europe and Australia.
- Sexuality and Mental Health - MIND website on mental health of Lesbian, Gay, bisexual and transgender people.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline 0808 2000 247 - Fully trained female workers provide completely confidential support, information and a listening ear. Via the helpline, abused women and their children can access places of safety in the network of refuges across the UK. Support is also offered to friends, family members and external agencies calling on behalf of a woman. Helpline is 24/7
- Refuge 0808 2000 247 - Refuge's network of safe houses provides emergency accommodation for women and children when they are most in need. They also provide a Guide to Recognising Abuse and a Definition of Domestic Violence
- Women’s Aid 0117 944 44 11 - the national domestic violence charity that helps over 320,000 women and children every year. They work to end violence against women and children, and co-ordinate and support over 500 domestic and sexual violence services across the country. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Citizens Advice Bureau guide to domestic violence – definition, options, finding somewhere safe to stay – longer term solutions – a very helpful read.
- Vet Helpline 0303 040 2551 - Friendly people with experience of the veterinary profession are there to talk to you in complete confidence.
- Samaritans 08457 90 90 90 - confidential non-judgemental support, 24 hours a day for people experiencing feelings of distress or despair, including those which could lead to suicide. Email: email@example.com
- GOV.UK – What To Do After A Death - GOV.UK Advice/checklist covering what to do, registering a death, paying for a funeral, documents and information, arranging a funeral etc
- Veterinary Benevolent Fund 0207 7980 4980 - veterinary surgeons and their dependants left in financial difficulty by a bereavement may qualify for financial assistance.
- Mind - Bereavement - Advice and information from Mind, the UK's leading mental health charity.
- Stillbirth and Neonatal Death Society 020 7436 5881 - Supporting anyone affected by the death of a baby and promoting research to reduce the loss of babies' lives.
- Bereavement Due To Suicide - Transcripts and video clips taken from 40 in-depth interviews with people who have experienced a bereavement due to suicide.
- Survivors of Bereavement by Suicide– 0844 561 6855 - A self-help organisation which aims to meet the needs and break the isolation of those bereaved by the suicide of a close relative or friend. Many of the volunteers have themselves been bereaved by suicide. Offers a telephone helpline, email support, group meetings across the country and practical information.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NHS Choices - Coping after a suicide useful tips on coping with this very special form of bereavement
- Prevention of Young Suicide PAPYRUS 0800 068 41 41- aims to prevent suicide of young people – support for youngsters, friends, parents, teachers, university staff and health professionals. Email: email@example.com